Action 09: Monitoring and Evaluation
Duration: 01/10/2010 – 31/12/2013 (39 months)
Action 9 was carried out in two activities:
Activity 9(a): Development of End-of-Action Reports
Five End-of Action Reports were prepared:
- Deliverable 9.1: End-of-Action (Action 1)
- Deliverable 9.2: End-of-Action (Action 2)
- Deliverable 9.3: End-of-Action (Action 3)
- Deliverable 9.4: End-of-Action (Action 4)
- Deliverable 9.5: End-of-Action (Action 5)
- Deliverable 9.6: End-of-Action (Action 6)
- Deliverable 9.7: End-of-Action (Action 7)
Activity 9(b): Evaluation of the performance indicators
A monitoring procedure has been developed and established aiming at monitoring and evaluating the project’s progress and performance and at proposing corrective activities whenever deemed necessary so that the expected results and objectives of the project are met. The coordinating beneficiary (TINOS), together with all the associated beneficiaries, has the overall responsibility for monitoring and evaluating the project progress and performance.
The monitoring procedure applied was the following:
- Formulation of the project committees (steering committee, management committee).
- Establishment of the coordination group: action leaders for each action were assigned during the kick-off meeting, having the responsibility of successfully completing the corresponding actions;
- The progress of all activities and Actions of the project, as well as of the effectiveness of the activities implemented with regard to the expected results, are monitored through the performance indicators set for each Action;
- Each Action Leader was responsible to prepare a short end-of-Action report and submit it to the coordination group for evaluation;
- The end-of-Action reports contains information on the work done within the Action and comparison will be made with the objectives that have been set up at the beginning of the project. The performance indicators were used for quantitative results.
- The coordination group had the responsibility to evaluate the end-of-Action reports as well as the quantitative results of the performance indicators in order to assess the progress of the project.
- Each Member of the coordination group was asked to provide a short feedback statement categorizing the report as: very good, good, satisfactory or non-satisfactory through a checklist that will be developed for this purpose.
- For any important variations from the foreseen time schedule the European Commission will be notified and informed on the corrective actions that the Co-ordination Group has decided to undertake.